Tuesday 1 March 2011

Cheese Leadenhall

Cheese Leadenhall
4-5 Leadenhall Market, City of London EC3V 1LR
Racclett is one of my favourite meals, a cheesy Swiss delicacy. Raclette consists of cheese (preferably racclet cheese) melted under a heat then scraped onto bread or potatoes. In the past when in Switzerland I have seen stalls selling Raccleet, a huge block of cheese is fixed on a metal handle and is placed very close to a grill. The cheese is left for a couple of minutes then when the very top of the block of cheese is melted and slightly crispy on top, the cheese picked up and the melted cheese scraped off onto some crusty bread. A fantastic warming cheesy  dish, yet I struggled to find it in Switzerland the last few times I was there. 
However to my surprise and delight, when on a trip to London I saw a raclette machine outside a cheese shop in a market. The cheese shop in the leadenhall, which I think was called Cheese Leadenhall. The racclatt was up to standard if not better than the stalls in Switzerland, thick crusty bread with the addition of ham, pickles, tomato and of course a healthy portion of cheese! Fantastic a great on the go lunch meal.


8.1/10 In its field: Stall Cheesiness
7.8/10 Comparative Cheesy Scale

No comments:

Post a Comment